Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Get Hitched in Georgetown
Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Get Hitched in Georgetown is back! The neighborhood is a one-stop destination for wedding planning with everything you need for the big day all within one square mile. From the gown to the venue, Georgetown is the perfect place to plan and hold your wedding. Several of our merchants have joined together to offer this amazing dream wedding package to one lucky couple that includes:
· BRIDAL GOWN: Hitched Salon: DC’s highly personal, full-service bridal boutique and wedding resource center is donating one custom designer gown for the bride’s walk down the aisle. Tailored to meet the desires and tastes of today’s brides, Hitched carries a unique selection of gowns for brides and bridesmaids as well as the many accessories that allow a bride to express herself on her wedding day.
· WEDDING SUITE: Four Seasons Hotel: Georgetown’s Four Seasons Hotel is the only five-diamond, five-star hotel in the Capital region, and they are offering a one night wedding suite and complimentary parking for the newlyweds. Unequalled attentiveness and gracious service attract business and leisure guests, dignitaries and celebrities alike to this legendary Pennsylvania Avenue retreat in Georgetown.
· INVITATIONS: Haute Papier: Georgetown’s Haute Papier is providing an Invitation Suite from their Luxe Wedding collection including 100 letterpressed invitations, RSVP cards and envelopes.
· POST-WEDDING BRUNCH: Sequoia: Brunch with great friends and family is the perfect way to recover after an exciting wedding and reception, and Sequoia is offering a post-wedding brunch for up to 15 guests. Sequoia's panoramic view of the Potomac and Kennedy Center paired with an outdoor mesquite grill, eclectic cuisine, great drinks and the lively River Bar make Sequoia the premiere DC destination.
· ATTIRE FOR THE GROOM: Hugh & Crye: Ensuring that the groom looks as stylish as possible on the big day, Hugh & Crye is making sure “the shirt fits” and offering a custom sized white shirt for the groom. Hugh & Crye is a men’s apparel company based inWashington,DC, focusing on shirts designed to solve a common problem men have with the fit of most readymade shirts, by introducing a new sizing system designed for specific body types.
· ‘SAVE THE DATE’ CARDS: Dandelion Patch: One of DC’s premier shops for invitations, stationary and other printing and paper needs, Dandelion Patch is offering the lucky couple a $500 gift certificate toward custom Save the Date cards.
· BRIDAL PARTY FITNESS CLASS + RECEPTION: Barre 3: Helping the bride and her bridesmaids to get in shape for the big day, Barre 3 is offering a class and post-class reception with refreshments for the bridal party. Barre 3 is a unique fitness facility in Georgetown which helps students develop the length of a dancer and strength of an athlete with highly effective 60-minute workouts using a ballet barre.
· DAY AT THE SPA: Ritz-Carlton Georgetown: The Boutique Spa at the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown will pamper the bride before her special day with an Eco Body Treatment, a luxurious experience featuring a foot soak, skin brushing, skin polishing with a ginger/rosemary body polish, a Sedona mud wrap and a bamboo massage.
· BRIDAL SHOWER CUPCAKES: Sprinkles Cupcakes: DC’s newest cupcake shop, Sprinkles is treating bridal shower guests to some of their famed baked sweets, providing five dozen cupcakes along with two towers for the wedding shower. Sprinkles Cupcakes are handcrafted from the finest ingredients including sweet cream butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate, pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, real, fresh fruits and natural citrus zests.
· WELCOME GIFTS FOR GUESTS: Georgetown Cupcake: Greet out-of-town guests in the sweetest way possible- with custom cupcakes from the famous Georgetown Cupcake. Georgetown Cupcake is providing 100 individually boxed cupcakes with custom fondant.
· BACHELOR PARTY: Morton’s the Steakhouse: There’s no better way to spend the last celebration of singlehood than with an incredible meal at award-winning Morton’s the Steakhouse. The popular fine dining spot will help the bachelor celebrate with a $300 gift certificate towards a Bachelor Party Dinner. Morton’s is the nation’s premier steakhouse group specializing in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees.
· BRIDESMAID JEWELRY: duo: One of Book Hill’s newest boutiques, duo is offering customized jewelry for all bridesmaids in the bridal party. Ladies can choose from a handcrafted necklace, bracelet or earrings designed by co-owner Kyle Barber. duo carries a selection of both established favorite and up-and-coming clothing designers, as well as Barber’s own line of one-of-a-kind jewelry that lines the walls as wearable art.
· PRIVATE BRIDAL SHOPPING PARTY: Urban Chic: It’s just as important to look stylish at pre-wedding events as the wedding day, and luckily, Urban Chic is offering a private shopping party for the winner and bridal party with champagne, treats, and storewide discount, plus a $150 gift card and gift bag for the bride. Urban Chic brings an edge to conservative DC, mixing in pieces from established brands with newer trends from up-and-coming designers.
· WINE TASTING: Bacchus Wine Cellar: There’s no better way to celebrate a wedding than with a toast to the happy couple, and Bacchus Wine Cellar is offering a private in-store wine tasting for the bride, groom and two guests. Bacchus is a warmly accented boutique in Georgetown, carrying wine and spirits ranging from artisanal, unknown estates to the most coveted chateaux – offering something for every budget and palate.
· HONEYMOON WARDROBE: Ella Rue: Looking stylish doesn’t just stop on the night of the wedding, so Ella Rue is offering a $150 gift card for the bride to be styled for her honeymoon. Ella Rue is a locally-owned new and consignment boutique offering a selection of high-end designer clothing and accessories from leading designers such as Manolo Blahnik, Fendi, Marc Jacobs and more.
Be among the first 75 engaged couples to register and you will be invited to join us in Georgetown on Thursday, October 18, to compete to win the ultimate Georgetown wedding package. Please note the following qualifications:
- Must be engaged to be married.
- Prizes must be used by October 19, 2013.
- Couples must reside in DC, VA, or MD.
- Both members of the engaged couple must be present at the October 18th competition.
If you are one of the first 75 lucky couples, we'll notify you by Friday, October 5 with more details on what to expect at the event. Good luck and congratulations on your engagement!